7 Reasons: To Choose a Career in California Real Estate
Real estate is a career choice that definitely has some great perks – especially in California:
1. Fast timeline to start. Rather than taking years, a real estate career can be started in as little as 54 days in the state of California! Want to know more? Check out the California License Roadmap to Your Career in Real Estate infographic.
2. Family-friendly. Because most real estate agents can choose to work a flexible schedule, it makes the career very appealing to parents.
3. There's no limit to the amount you can earn. As a real estate agent, your income is based on the commissions for the properties you sell rather than being constrained to an hourly wage or yearly salary. California is great for agents because expensive properties are not at all rare. For example: the median selling home price is San Francisco is over one million.*
4. You can drive your own career. Determination and hard work pay off in real estate. You get to choose your own path in your career. There is even potential for you to own a brokerage one day. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and have dreamed of owning your own business, this could be the perfect fit!
5. You won’t be stuck in the office all day! Each day brings something new. There will always be new clients and new listings. This brings excitement and fresh challenges every day. A large portion of your job will be showing off the beauty of your area—whether that is the trendy streets of Los Angeles or San Francisco, or the redwood groves, national forests, rocky cliffs, or crashing surf and beaches for which the West Coast is known. You get to play tour guide and help sell the beauty and uniqueness of your neighborhoods.
6. Socializing and entertaining is part of the job. The role of a real estate agent is definitely a social one. It is your responsibility to build your own network and to develop your own leads. It’s also your responsibility to host open houses in order to build interest for your properties.
If you value freedom, flexibility and individuality, then real estate might be the right career for you.
Want to learn more about a career in California Real Estate? Click Here to go to our CA Real Estate Resource Portal to see additional articles.
* As of August 2014 according to Realtor Magazine.